1962 – 2019
Provision of Access is available to researchers and the public.
Access is not provided to researchers or to the public. Applications to view restricted material must be forwarded to email@example.com together with an explanation to view the records.
Wolper Jewish Hospital
The Wolper Jewish Hospital was originally established in 1948 as the NSW Jewish Hospital. In 1961 it amlgamated with the AG Wolper Convalescent Hospital and changed its name to the Wolper Jewish Hospital as a result of a bequest from Mrs Gertie Stone. In 2011 it celebrated its 50th anniversary. Wolper has a number of Board Committees that meet regularly to review policies in their area of expertise and make recommendations to the full Board. Wolper delivers services related to the rehabilitation, medical and palliative care of patients; community programmes such as the Community Genetics program and Wellbeing Program as well as healthcare initiatives etc.
This collection contains a collection of series of records created and maintained in Wolper Jewish Hospital. Series 001 – 025 shows the various activities, functions, transactions and programmes of Wolper Jewish Hospital. The collection mainly includes hardcopy correspondence and some audio-visual material.
Related series are held at Australian Archives of Judaica (AAJ) specifically the
1) Sam Karpin (SK1- SK6) Papers Collection from 1948- 1983 which covers:
The Board of Mangement SK1 at AAJ & Series 001 at AJHS)
Annual Reports SK1 at AAJ & Series 007 at AJHS
Plans/papers to the upgrade of Wolper